Fly around the world and study in your favorite Country.
Call us: +91 (44) - 42088595 / 24326335
  • You are here:
  • Home
  • Country
  • Study in UK

Study in UK

  • Description
  • Requirement


Universities in United Kingdom and study in United Kingdom - International Student Country Guide



  • How can you study a degree in the UK
  • Tuition fees
  • Immigration and visas
  • Accommodation and living costs
  • For Parents
  • What to do next

Find universities in United Kingdom and study in United Kingdom, our guide for international students to study abroad. A degree from the UK is highly prestigious. It has some of the world’s oldest, most established universities and has a strong reputation for high quality university education. Study a degree in the UK

It has the best on offer in terms of facilities and technology at its higher education institutions and much to offer students outside of the study environment.

If you study a degree in the UK you'll combine both tradition and modernity, studying at some of the world's most respected institutions.

 How can you study a degree in the UK

The UK is home to over 300 institutions including universities, colleges of higher education and further education colleges that offer HE courses with a varied range of courses on offer.

Undergraduate degrees in the UK fall into these main categories:

Bachelor’s Degree – These generally last three to four years or longer for part time study and comprise of lectures, seminars and tutorials. You will be expected to research topics yourself and take and independent approach to studying. There are different titles and levels of degree, such as:

  • BA - Bachelor of Arts
  • BSc - Bachelor of Science
  • BEd - Bachelor of Education
  • BEng - Bachelor of Engineering
  • Higher National Diploma (HND) – A professional higher education course that lasts for one or two years. It is a vocational qualification that is roughly equivalent to the first two years of a three year degree.
  •  Diploma of Higher Education (Dip HE): – Mainly linked to vocational areas such as nursing or social work a Dip HE is normally the same as the first two years of a degree and can be used to gain entry to the third year of a related degree.

 Tuition fees

Undergraduate tuition fees in the UK depend on whether you are an EU or international student. EU students will pay up to £9,000 a year for their degree, while non-EU students will pay significantly more – up to £20,000 per year for top courses.

Immigration and visas

EU citizens are permitted to study a degree in the UK providing they fulfill the following:

  • Are studying in the UK for more than three months
  • Are enrolled at an accredited university or institution
  • Have proof of sufficient funds to cover your graduate degree in the UK for its duration

 Non-EU students will need to apply for a student visa under the tier 4 visa category.

They will need to demonstrate the following:

  • Proof of funding to cover an undergraduate course and living costs
  • A confirmation of acceptance to study (CAS) reference from a university with sponsor status
  • Adequate English language skills
  • It is normally also necessary to demonstrate that you have adequate study abroad travel insurance, which you must buy before you travel.

Accommodation and living costs

The cost of accommodation in the UK varies depending on where you choose to study your undergraduate course. There are two main types of accommodation while studying:

University accommodation – such as halls of residence

Private accommodation – House and flat rentals

Accommodation costs in the UK are more expensive in major cities such as London, Manchester and Birmingham. As a guide, a room in a shared house will cost between £200-600 a month.


Living costs/rent: Living costs in the UK are comparable with most European countries, but the amount you need will depend on the city you choose to study in. For example, living costs in London, in particular renting an apartment, will often be double of those in cities like Manchester or Sheffield.

Many places offer students discounts, so look for restaurants, clothes shops and bars offering students cheaper rates.

For Parents                                          

How safe is the UK

  • The UK is an extremely popular place for international students to come to and is in general a very safe place to study. You can contact your chosen university to find out more about crime statistics and safe places to live – in general, choosing to stay in university approved accommodation is a good way of choosing a safer, more student-friendly area to live.
  • Students should always take care to protect their own personal safety in order to avoid becoming victims of crime. They can do this by:
  • Avoiding carrying around large amounts of money
  • Staying in groups, especially at night, and never walking alone
  • Not making valuables obvious
  • Always having a route home planned and never getting into unlicensed taxis
  • Being wary of strangers
  • Being careful of traffic

Staying in touch

Staying in touch when your child is studying on the other side of the world might seem daunting – but there are ways you can talk regularly that don’t have to involve long distance phone calls and a nasty bill at the end of the month. Here are a few tips if your child opts to study an undergraduate degree in the UK:

Skype – the free video calling service can be downloaded within seconds, and will allow you to talk face to face anywhere you have an internet connection

Blogging – maybe encourage your child to keep a blog of their adventures overseas, so that other family’s members (such as grandparents) can keep up to date

Local sim cards – it is also a good idea for your child to buy a phone with a local pay as you go sim card when they arrive so that they can text and call home without running up a bill

What to do next

If you really want to study overseas but you’re not certain with regards to where, read our country guidelines. Alternatively if you would like more information and advice about how to study a degree in the UK, please fill out our free consultation Service and we'll be in touch with you promptly.